Saturday, June 4, 2011

Retirement

Two 1/2 days left! 33 years! I have enjoyed my profession and I am ready for the next chapter. Colleagues, friends, family, and parents of students have been supportive which is a necessity in the teaching field. I have no regrets, I was ready. It will be nice to sleep in a bit and be casual for a bit longer every morning. Lingering over coffee prior to starting my day will be a welcome addition to my mornings. Trips to Salt Lake City and Edina will be easier and we will be able to travel more often. Parties were special but they are finished. The final year as a shared position was a wonderful way to transition into retirement. One needs a great partner and I was lucky to have such a person.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful. Though I doubt you'll be able to sleep in. :)

    ReplyDelete